Clinical Associate Professor Andrew Tan is Chief Risk Officer-Designate at Changi General Hospital and a senior consultant in the Department of Radiology.
He is an experienced clinical radiologist whose subspeciality interests are in body imaging as well as interventional radiology. Besides clinical and administrative duties, he is heavily involved in radiology education, being a member of Radiology Advisory Committee for Radiology Residency Training in Singapore and a Clinical Faculty in the SingHealth Residency Program, winning the Outstanding Faculty Award in 2013 and CGH Best Teacher Award in 2009.
He brought the Radiology Department filmless in 2006 and was involved in several major IT projects including electronic order and entry and Singhealth’s Integrated Emergency Care Project in 2014-15. He is an elected council member at the College of Radiologists, Singapore.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Deputy Chairman, Medical Board (Ambulatory), CGH
Member, CGH Stroke Committee
- Chairman, JCI Workgroup Assessment of Patients (AOP)
- Chairman, JCI Workgroup Access and Continuity of Care (ACC)
Member, JCI Workgroup Governance, Leadership and Direction (GLD)
- Member, CGH Medical Board
- Member, Medical Audit Committee
- Member, Hospital Transfusion Committee
- Member, Medical Credentialing Committee and Subcommittee
- Member, Medical Ethics Committee
- Chairman, CGH RIS PACS Committee
- Member, Emergency Dept Project Steering Committee
- Chairman, Ultrasound Credentialing Committee
- Member, Radiology Departmental Mortality & Morbidity Committee
- Member, Steering Committee, Singhealth EHA-RIS PACS
- Member, Radiology Residency Advisory Committee
- Member, Singapore Medical Council’s Complaints Panel
- Council Member, College of Radiologists
- Member, RadSC ACP, Singhealth
Leadership positions / roles in Education:
- 2017 Long Service Medal, National Day Awards
- 2013 Outstanding Faculty Award, SingHealth Residency
- 2009 Best Teacher Award for Ambulatory Disciplines, CGH
- Examiner for Joint Final MMed (Diagnostic Radiology) and Final FRCR 2B Examination in May 2017
- ACGME R4 Examination 2017 Standard Setting Committee
- Examiner for Radiology First Exit Examination in April 2017
Pei Ghim Poh, Charlene Liew, Colin Yeo, Le Roy Chong, Andrew Tan, Angeline Poh Cardiovascular implantable electronic devices: a review of the dangers and difficulties in MR scanning and attempts to improve safety Insights Imaging (2017) 8:405–418
Jeffrey Kah Keng Fong, Angeline Choo Choo Poh, Andrew Gee Seng Tan, and Ranu Taneja Imaging Findings and Clinical Features of Abdominal Vascular Compression Syndromes American Journal of Roentgenology, July, Vol. 203, No. 1 : pp. 29-36
Collins GB, Tan TJ, Gifford J, Tan A. The accuracy of pre-appendectomy computed tomography with histopathological correlation: a clinical audit, case discussion and evaluation of the literature. Emergency Radiology. 2014;21(6):589-595.
Emergent gastroduodenal artery embolization by sandwich technique for angiographically obvious and oblivious, endotherapy failed bleeding duodenal ulcers. G. Anil, AGS Tan, H-W Cheong, K S Ng, W-C Teoh Clinical Radiology 67(May 2012) 468-475
Endovascular treatment of isolated systemic arterial supply to normal lung with coil and glue embolization G Anil, M Taneja, AGS Tan The British Journal of Ragiology, 85(April 2012), e83-e86
Transarterial embolisation in management of persistent post-traumatic urinary extravasation from a horseshoe kidney G Anil, A G S Tan Clinical Radiology Volume 66, Issue 8, August 2011: 788-791.
Massive obscure-overt upper gastrointestinal bleeding secondary to haemobilia. Tan PS, Teo EK, Fock KM, Ang TL, Tan JY, Tan AGS Endoscopy 2009 Nov;41(S02); E294-E295
Wandering Humeral Head Mimicking a Breast Mass Gerald J S Tan, Andrew G S Tan, Wilfred C G Peh Medical Journal of Malaysia, 63(2) pp 164-165 ISSN 03005283
Muttarak M, Peh WC, Euathrongchit J, Lin SE, Tan AG, Lerttumnongtum P, Sivasomboon C. Pictorial Review. Spectrum of Imaging findings in Meliodosis. Br J Radiol. 2009 Jun;82(978):514-21
Keng Sin Ng, Andrew Gee Seng Tan, Kevin Ko Wen Chen, Siew Kune Wong, How Ming Tan CT Features of Primary Epiploic Appendagitis European Journal of Radiology 2006 March 30